The Witch’s House MV will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on October 13
Dangen Entertainment and Fummy have announcement this The Witch’s House MV will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on October 13.
The console port will be priced at $14.99 and will support English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Turkish text options.
A PC version trailer, details, and screenshots can be found below, via Dangen Entertainment. You can also read our review of the PC version.
Dangen Entertainment has announced that The Witch’s House MV will be released on Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One digital stores on October 13, 2022. Pre-orders for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One will be available from September 29.
The Witch’s House follows in the tradition of Japanese horror RPGs with a heavy emphasis on puzzle solving and jump scares. Originally released on PC in 2012, The Witch’s House is deliberately designed with traps at almost every turn. Sudden death is unpredictable and keeps players on their toes. Considered one of the top three games to establish the genre with lb and Ao OniThe Witch’s House has surprised players with pixel-art that hides some truly spooky horror, spawning numerous fanworks and even an official novel and manga series from Japanese creator, Fummy.
The Witch’s House MV is a remake of the original with completely remastered visuals, improved atmosphere, and a new difficulty mode that includes new events at the end of the base game. The remake MV was first released on modern PC platforms in 2018 and became a hit with even the most familiar old school fans, reaching an overwhelming positive score on Steam. Now, the Witch’s House MV is finally hitting home consoles, a significant feat for a title originally created with RPG Maker, just in time for Halloween.
A young girl, Viola, is inexorably drawn to a mysterious mansion that seems to be transforming behind her back. It is a place of pain, turmoil and death. Plumb its loathsome depths and abominable history. Unravel the puzzles that block your perilous path. And flee the hellish corridors of the witch’s house.
- The widely loved classic of the genre is finally making its way to home consoles.
- A horror atmosphere in which players solve puzzles based on clues found in the house.
- Revamped graphics for a beautifully terrifying experience.
- Unlockable difficulty modes with new events and dialogues.
- Violence and gore not recommended for the most delicate. Discretion of players advised.
- Sudden deaths lurking around every corner and waiting for every misstep.
- Items should be used deliberately as players solve puzzles on their own.
- Fixed save points (just keep an eye out for the talking black cat).
- Helmets *highly* recommended.
“The Witch’s House MV is an RPG Maker MV remake of the original game, released in 2012. We redid all graphics, including map tiles and character sprites, and worked hard to improve the atmosphere and beauty 2D in The Witch’s House. It took us five times as many hours to create this version, but we feel like we’ve finally gotten our fill,” says Fummy, creator of The Witch’s House MV. Graphical improvements, we’ve also added two new difficulty settings that weren’t present in the original 2012 release. The first difficulty setting is more accessible and allows players to try again instantly. The other difficulty setting is harder and is only unlocked by those who manage to reach the true ending of the game. The world of The Witch’s House is reborn and we sincerely hope you all enjoy it.
- Title: The Witch’s House MV
- Developer: Smoking
- Editor: DANGEN Entertainment
- Gender: Japanese horror RPG
- Players: 1
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One
- Price: 14.99 USD, 14.99 EUR, 1650 YEN
- Languages : English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Turkish
- Release date: October 13, 2022
Advertising. Keep scrolling for more